More than likely you have been dreaming of your wedding day since you were a little girl! If you haven't, then I know you have been thinking of it for quite awhile as you have gone through planning every little detail of the big day. Once the big day is over, there are only a few things you are left with...an amazing new husband, and your photos and video from the day. During the planning process I'm sure you have perused at least one bridal magazine and scrolled through a few bridal blogs and thought, "how they heck did they pull off what looks like a fairytale of a wedding?". Its true, they may have had an amazing planner and photographer but there are a few things you can do as a bride before your big day to help your photographer capture those same type of magazine worthy images!
1) Have your engagement ring cleaned a couple days prior to your wedding day. Your ring gets a little dirty from natural wear patterns and its possible that stunning diamond of yours isn't shining quite as brightly as it usually does. Having it cleaned will make sure that it looks flawless and shiny for your photographer!
2) Have all your bridal details together in the location that you are getting ready. Having all your special items together in one place will help your photographer capture all those details that are special to you. A day or two before the wedding, gather everything you want captured and put it in one place. Include all the little things here; shoes, jewelry, RINGS, garters, perfume, heirlooms, etc. This will make things flow so much easier for you and for your photographer because everything will already be in one place. Oh, and notice how I said RINGS, I mean it. Keep both of the wedding bands with you. Your photographer can capture all the rings at once and then they can make sure its delivered safely to its final location.
3. Have bouquets and boutonnieres delivered to where the bride is getting dressed. Again, this just helps for flow of the day. Everything is in one place so it can be captured quickly and then delivered to where it needs to go.
4) Invest in a good hanger for your wedding gown and bridesmaid's gowns. This seems like it might be an extremely minor detail but it makes a HUGE difference in your pictures! Having a beautiful padded hanger or matching wooden hangers can immediately make your wedding images look magazine worthy. Your photographer will be taking pictures of your gown along with your bridesmaid's gowns before you have them on so having a nice hanger for those images really is priceless.
5. Pamper yourself before the big day! A rested and hydrated bride is a happy and beautiful bride! Get lots of rest and drink plenty of water the week before your wedding! This will help you get that beautiful glow that every bride wants. Also take some time for yourself and RELAX! All the planning is done and now its time for you to relax and get ready for an amazing day. Go get a massage, get a shampoo and blowout with your girls, polish those nails, do what will help you relax. The better you feel, the less stress you have, the more excited and happy you will be on your wedding day!
Are there any tips that you have as a current or past bride? I'd absolutely love to hear from you! Send me an email at email@example.com.
Photography by Heather Laurenne Photography